MINIMALIST VS MAXIMALIST

My view/ idea on my Dr. Jekyll Mr. Hyde way of coming up with things or ideas...either I'm going to go all the way with a look or I'm going to go minimal with it...theres ever a rare moment where there is an inbetween whether it be an outfit look or a makeup look or even any project in general I go all out or I don't do it at all (if that makes any sense) I don't really like half ass doing anything or watering something down to soothe someone else's eye...but when I'm inlove with a look I want it to be full on. For example since I've been living under a rock when it comes to fashion collections I was searching through Jean Paul Gaultiers collections and I ran across Fall 2011 collection and the hair and makeup was STUNNING! What really caught my attention was these gray/blue/purple colored hued bouffants were just so stunning! They didnt look old to me at all instantly reminded me of the sixties, Audrey Hepburn, the hair Barbra Streisand wore when she was in Funny Girl but a slight more intense version. The fact that I would wear that gray hair even the Black/blue bouffant in my mind I instantly pictured Audrey Hepburn standing in front of the Tiffanys window or just wearing this extreme hair with jeans and tshirt with rosey type blush and lipstick (pictured in the collection would also be amazing to me which kind of/does contradicts what I just said! But what I mean is go all the way with the hair if you're going to do it not just a small little bouffant it would kind of defeat the purpose of it being a bouffant! (my favorite look) (photos: www.vogue.fr.com)

 Get the details on JPG F/2011 collection after the jump



The Gaultier woman cashed in her punk-rock Joan Jett wig from Spring and grew up—literally. The table lined with varying tones of gray-dyed bouffants, towering, teased, and twisted, made that pretty clear. "Josh Wood dyed them," Redken creative consultant Guido Palau said of the coloring jobs, which covered the ashen spectrum from golden gray to purple gray and everywhere in between. "Kristen McMenamy really made it an ageless color." Palau prepped the silver strands the day before the show with loads of Redken Forceful 23 Super Strength Finishing Spray. "It's the sixties Hitchcock feeling that's been around a lot this season, but we're taking it to a Gaultier level," which mandated a precise attention to structural detail mixed with a touch of humor (silly swirls were sculpted above bangs and molded into sideburns). The JPG humor was clearly evident in the makeup, too. "I don't want full makeup. I'm impeccable, I'm bourgeois, I'm chic!" makeup artist Stéphane Marais chirped of the look he was going for. The clean skin and taupe-y line he blended through the crease of models' eyes was meant to appear "frigid." "There's nothing sexual here," he said of the bare-bones beauty, which was not totally devoid of glamour. "Mascara is the only thing this woman does for herself," Marais suggested, as he piled on layers of dense black pigment along the top lash line for a purposefully clumpy, false-lash effect. His main undertaking was full arches. Rather than simply fill them in with powders and pencils, Marais toiled over individual hairs, drawing them in along the natural shape using a dried-out brow pen. "It's as though she's just stopped plucking her eyebrows," he translated of each finely crafted, deliberately placed stroke. (from style.com)

Popular posts from this blog

DREW BARRYMORE | FLOWER

WHAT IS BLOGGING?... MY ECCENTRIC MUSES...BLOGGING FROM AN IPAD = NO BEUNO , THE BEAUTY OF BEING A WOMAN (OR HUMAN BEING RATHER), THE EXITING OF RAF SIMONS

MY TOP 10 FAVORITE FILMS